4.29.2015

Coachella Style In Theory
























I'll be honest... I was just as excited to check out the fashion at Coachella as I was the music.  A couple weekends ago my girlfriends and I took a mini three day trip out to Indio, CA.  It was a phenomenal three days of live music, good eats and beer tents.  Leading up to Coachella I was checking out some blogs and posts to see what people would be wearing, and I think I was a little misled!  I saw lots of people looking really cute in long maxi's or wearing wedges, heeled booties etc..But I think the images I'd been seeing were of people at VIP Coachella events.
I brought this amazing Free People dress thinking I'd be kicking it kind of leisurely with a cocktail in hand, but then reality set in when we got to Indio.  It was super super hot, too hot for long sleeves and the lineup of music goes all day, from noon until midnight, so if you want to see more than half the bands on your lineup you're going to be hustling big time across a humongous field with backpack in tow, carrying waters, sunscreen, snacks, scarves for the dust etc..Sadly, this dress didn't make an appearance during the three days we were there.  But I still absolutely love it.  It's fun, flirty, floral and of course has embroidery.  My favorite.  I paired it recently with a wooden heel that has just as much detailing.  This dress will be in my rotation all summer.

Dress: Free People// Heels: Calvin Klein// Bracelets: Ann Taylor

No comments :

Post a Comment