1.12.2016

Insta Round Up- The Sheath Dress




Hello! Hope your week is off to a great start.  My last post was geared toward my personal style when I'm not working, but the reality is that the majority of my wardrobe contains work essentials. Having two kids, I like to keep it simple when getting dressed in the morning.  Which means you can usually find me in a sheath dress.  I feel like the cut of a sheath dress is super flattering on anyone.  

I've rounded up my top three favorites that I wear on repeat.  Simple in cut but each dress has it's own uniqueness.

From top: I love the color of this Ann Taylor dress.  I swore to myself that I was going to stick to buying neutrals for work but something abut this royal blue was calling my name.  You can find it on sale here:  Ann Taylor Short Sleeve Dress  

Center: This black sheath fromBanana Republic may be my favorite dress in my closet.  I love the cut of the neckline and the lace capped sleeves make the dress interesting and pretty, I could easily wear this dress to work every day. 

Bottom:  Another Banana Republic fave, the big gold zipper on this dress is what sold me, again, another  simple cut with just a little extra detailing to make it a standout.  Both BR dresses are sold out but you can always find some variation in store.

This year is all about keeping things simple, I noticed that in the past couple of years I had been purchasing too many work pieces that were on trend for that moment only to realize that I sort of grew tired of them when each season would pass.  So I'm making my best effort this year to stick with what works best for my style and body type.  What's your go to work piece?  Anything you're letting go of or stocking up on?  Comment below and thanks for reading!

Xo
Christie


No comments :

Post a Comment