9.02.2015

Summer days at the beach and the essential one piece suit












Having spent 13 years of my life growing up in Colorado, it took me a really really long time to fully embrace the beauty of the water and the ocean.  For the first 5 or 6 years of living in San Diego I still pined for the mountains, the mountain air, the awesome greenery.  But then we had kids.  While I was pregnant we almost always took a long weekend walk along the boardwalk in Mission Beach or through La Jolla Cove and continued to do so when my son was born.  As the years have gone by I am so thankful to be living in a city on the water.  I crave it now.. the salty air, the crispness of the ocean, the calming effect of the water, all of it, even the ridiculous amount of sand that finds its way into our house.  My son will start Kindergarten after Labor Day so I know there is lots of change on the horizon.  As summer to comes to an end, I'm really trying to just soak up every day and appreciate family days spent at the beach.  These are the best days.

(My one piece is an oldie but a goodie by J Crew.  Sometimes you just have to go with the one piece, so practical when you're keeping up with kiddos, but also as a style, I kind of prefer it these days. The little bit of ruffle up top adds a bit of interest.)  

Thanks for stopping by my little piece of the web, 

Christie

No comments :

Post a Comment