11.29.2015

Escaping the madness of Black Friday





























Top: Anthropologie// Denim: Banana Republic Destroyed Skinny Jean

We skipped Black Friday this year and headed to the beach post Thanksgiving.  Coronado is just a skip away from where we live so this is the beach you'll usually find us at.  During the holidays the Hotel Del Coronado is decked out in all sorts of festiveness.  My favorite has to be the ice rink on the beach.  Where else can you ice skate with ocean views and palm trees swaying in the breeze?  I used to be a figure skater, competed, the whole bit, so getting back on skates is always a big deal for me. I love coming to the beach when the temperature drops, I always have.  Something about overcast skies and cooler weather makes everything feel so calm in the midst of all the busyness of the holidays.  It feels good to stop, slow down and reflect on the season.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good sale, but this year I think I'll be sticking to the laptop versus fighting the crowds,  I hope you enjoyed the week and had a Happy Thanksgiving!  Thanks for reading and stopping by.
xo
Christie

No comments :

Post a Comment