11.23.2015

How to wear red during the holidays


















Dress: Free People// Sandals:  Banana Republic// Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Fiona's Dress: Janie & Jack

I'm not much of a red wearer.  I have to subtly dip my toe into the color when I do opt for red.  But I always love the color on other people.  It's so bold and always stuns.  If I go for red it's usually something more on the muted side.  This Free People dress is so up my alley.  It's red with a hint of pattern.  It flows, has pockets and tassels.  I feel like it works well for a kid friendly event but still has a bit of flirtiness.  Another way I've worn it is with black tights paired with black booties or flats.  I wore this dress this past weekend for a showing of How the Grinch Stole Christmas at the Old Globe Theater in Balboa Park.  This was only our second year seeing the Grinch but I see it as a kickoff to the holidays.  I opted for open toe heels since it was on the warmer side.  The park is so beautiful this time of year.  Really festive, it's just a great way to spend the day.

I'd love to hear how you get into the holiday mood!

Thanks for reading and I hope you and yours have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.


xo


Christie   


No comments :

Post a Comment